CUT IT OFF! CUT IT OUT!

08:19:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

There are things that scream out "danger" or this is a "bad influence". Then there are things that are less so, more neutral. I saw a bird this morning eating a piece of fruit it had scavenged from the nearest bin. For human consumption, the piece of fruit could have caused all types of discomfort but for the bird it may have been less so.
An then you need to consider that some foods are actually beneficial for you in moderation. Some habits may be beneficial to you to some extent. Some people and relationships may be beneficial to you to some degree. Some objects or things may be beneficial to you to some situations.

23 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. 

1 Corinthians 10


What happens when you realise that the cost start to outweigh the benefits? What happens when you realise the objects, habits, people, relationships that got you out of a tough situation start to negatively impact your life? What happens when you recognise that these things start to pull you away from your goals? What happens when you feel like you are regressing?

We should cut it off. Cut it out. No amputee is going to tell you that they want a leg to be cut off or to be missing an arm. But if cutting off the arm means saving their life? Some would still choose to keep their arm, but I am of the latter mindset. If something is going to pull me away from my goals or pull me away from God, I should really cut it off, cut it out. Lately, I have found that certain things, people and relationships are really causing me to to fall. I can sense the old me coming out when these things, relationships and people are around. I feel like I am the bitter, jealous, lazy, negative and unthankful creature that I was before God started to change me for the better. I would rather feel the short term pain of losing an arm or a leg rather than to be the me I was. I like the me I am, and the me that I want to be. I want to be more like Jesus each and everyday, be always full of praise, be loving to God and others, to be positive and faithful. Even if these things, habits, relationships and people are important to me and have helped me to some degree, I still need to cut them off, cut them out of my life so that I can focus on my purpose driven life.

And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.Mark 9:45
If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. Matthew 18:8

It's not going to be easy - to cut it off, cut it out- but I know, even if I have faith as small as a mustard seed, I can move mountains!

You Might Also Like