Kintsugi (金継ぎ)

09:02:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

To repaired by Gold.

I recently had the opportunity to share a lot of my past history with a stranger. It's very rare to be on the other side of the story telling chair. Usually, I ask someone about their life history. I think it has been a blessing to be able to reflect on some of my past experiences.

In this history sharing experience, I was able to finally embrace the damage that has gone on before me, instead of hide it, and mend it with gold. The parts that were broken and worn are shown as part of who I am instead of hidden away, which is the art of kintsugi.

We had a sermon recently that pointed to this exact issue. God loves all of us, all our pain, all our flaws, and he has chosen to use His most precious gift to make us whole again, a new object who has experienced the same scars...


You Might Also Like