What lies in the next chapter?

05:09:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Just finished watching "inspector gourmet" and in it's last scene, one of the main characters says, "we don't know what the ending is, one thing is for certain, you will certainly find something new in the search". How apt the phrase. I had a chat with my ex-recently and he told me something I didn't want to hear, but was glad he said that I actually like being single. As much as I want to deny, I do enjoy this season of singleness God has given me. I like the idea of being in love, of being in a relationship and of being in a family. And perhaps one day I will have these things.

But when I smiled for no obvious reason while climbing up the stairs, I realised one thing. I can be happy without those things too. This time a few years ago, I was struggling to walk, had no permanent job, was still grieving over a lost relationship... let alone do stair climbs at work and feel completely free from relationship scars. I am thankful for the recent chapter, which was drawn to a close with a few meals with random strangers. This next chapter of my life, like all other chapters is going to be interesting, sometimes boring but nearly always epic. And the God that was with me from the beginning will surely reveal new and exciting adventures for me in the next chapter.

And it does feel good to be blogging again, a way for me to really capture what my thoughts are and document my progress and growth. I've missed this. Feels like I've found an old part of myself again, someone who is quite vulnerable and real...


You Might Also Like